Here is the recipe – compliments of http://www.17recipes.com
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla if sweet
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup if sweet
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- bacon grease or lard for iron
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk.
- Add almond flour and salt. Combine until smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil or butter.
- Whisk egg whites until they form moist, stiff peaks.
- Fold about ¼ of egg whites into batter. Fold batter into remaining egg whites in three parts.
- Scoop 1/3 C. of batter onto a preheated and greased waffle iron. Do not smooth the top of the batter before closing the top of the iron, close the lid gently.
- Cook until golden brown.